My client, a Galway based, international, pharmaceutical business, seeks to hire a new Cost Accountant. You will be a fully qualified accountant, with 2+ years in a manufacturing environment, with exposure to standard costs, variance analysis and more. This is a permanent role, working remotely initially, reporting the Cost Controller.
- Work with the team of Cost Accountants who prepare and maintain detailed standard cost models for a large range of in-house manufactured pharmaceutical products.
- To take ownership of the cost accounting for the manufacturing facility including monthly reporting of P&L, sales versus budget, cost of sales and analysis of variances.
- Produce KPI reports to support best practice and lean initiatives.
- Partner with business unit leaders to support the growth of the business unit and to provide accurate new product costings.
- Help execute the migration of financial data from legacy systems to the new ERP system.
- Development and implementation of internal controls relating to production & inventory
- Reconcile control accounts monthly and support year end close activities.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs, and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification, preferably at Degree level
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least two (2) years + relevant industry experience, ideally pharmaceutical/healthcare experience in a multi-currency, multi-company environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
For more information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org