My client, a Galway based, international, pharmaceutical manufacturing, distribution and warehousing business, seeks to hire a new Cost Accountant. You will be a newly qualified accountant, top10 practice trained, interested in making the practice to industry jump. This role will give you specialised experienced around standard costs, variance analysis and more. This is a permanent role, working remotely initially with a view to a hybrid model in the near future, reporting the Product Cost Controller.
· Work with the team of Cost Accountants who prepare and maintain detailed standard cost models for a large range of in-house manufactured pharmaceutical products.
· To take ownership of the cost accounting for the manufacturing facility including monthly reporting of P&L, sales versus budget, cost of sales and analysis of variances.
· Produce KPI reports to support best practice and lean initiatives.
· Partner with business unit leaders to support the growth of the business unit and to provide accurate new product costings.
· Help execute the migration of financial data from legacy systems to the new ERP system.
· Development and implementation of internal controls relating to production & inventory
· Reconcile control accounts monthly and support year end close activities.
· Analysing actual manufacturing costs, and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
· Gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
· Recently qualified, Top10 trained
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office
For more information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org