Provide 1st level technical support, service restoration, fulfillment of service request and advice to users ensuring the maximum availability, performance and utilization of knowledge and information systems.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
- Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
- To participate in an on call rota, providing a 24 hours, first line support service to users.
- Update incidents with detailed and relevant information in a timely and effective manner;
- Provide updates to customers with regards to specific incidents and manage a trouble ticket through to resolution;
- Escalate an incident or troubleshoot tickets according to the company escalation processes;
- Ensure Customer Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded;
- Respond to customer enquiries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure appropriate documentation of the interaction on the customer’s account in the prescribed format
- Execute transactions as per prescribed guidelines and timelines
- Ensure customer/user confidentiality and data protection at all times
Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Active listening and questioning, an eye for detail to determine the root cause of the issue, to avoid repeat contacts and further effort to resolve issues
- Analytical problem solvers who will understand issues, evaluate solutions and work with their colleagues to resolve issues
- Problem solving skills and quick thinking to own & resolve issues independently, thoroughly & efficiently
- Display ownership and accountability
- Quickly build trust and confidence with customer
- Own and resolve customer issues efficiently, effectively and empathetically
Time Management Skills
- Being proactive and show the utmost respect for customer’s time
- Good time management, ensuring all contacts with customers add value
- Ability to Multitask
Communication & Relationships Skills
- Offering advice to end users on IT related areas. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
Skills & Knowledge
- Communicate at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, including active listening and understanding
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads.
- Work to tight deadlines / service levels
- Business etiquette
- Broad knowledge of IT products, services and terminology
- Identification of problems and solutions
- Presentation of technical functionality to a non-technical audience
- Customer focused
Feel free to get in touch with me at email@example.com and share this job with anyone that might be suited for this experience.