Due to rapid growth and with Brexit fast approaching, my client is seeking to add a Customs Export Manager to their team in Belfast.
As a market leader within UK and Ireland, this is a Senior appointment for the company. The selected candidate will be working alongside Senior management to develop and implement customs strategy, develop the customs. Offering to maximise the service provided and include all operational activities implementing best practice procedures for all levels of employees.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: -
- 1st element project – set up and to make the company compliant with forthcoming Brexit legislation (Timescales TBC – allowing for changes to government legislation)
- 2nd element - ongoing business development, to position the company as a provider for internal & external customers 2021, by recruitment and selection, identifying training needs, liaison with HR to fill positions to develop this section of our business.
- Complete the development and implementation of a best in class, post-Brexit operating model for import and export in the UK and Ireland.
- Own the customs processes involved in the supply of product to customers in the UK and Ireland.
- Lead efforts to continuously improve import and export processes across the group, actively supporting development and implementation of best practice.
- 5+ years’ experience working with cross-border logistics subject to customs controls
- Experience in developing and implementing new processes
- Leadership and coaching skills with an emphasis on matrix-working and influencing
- Comfortable with change and working with ambiguity
Salary for the role -£47k + Bonus
For further details please call Shauneen McCrisken on 02890725679 or apply directly below