Our client, a Third Level University , is hiring an Cybersecurity Engineer to join their dynamic team in a permanent capacity. This role is located in Dublin.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will report to the Deputy Director of ISS and work with the Senior IT Security Engineer, within the Engineering & Innovation Team, to monitor and manage the operation of security systems and best practice across the university’s IT environment.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking to progress their career, thrives on working in a fast-paced environment.
The ISS Department is a central support unit responsible for providing a complete ICT service to the University's various schools, units, research centres and campus companies. In addition to working closely with all stakeholders across the company to ensure quality service delivery, ISS is responsible for the University's extensive ICT infrastructure estate servicing their three academic campuses. ISS plays a key role in supporting the University in achieving the objectives set out in its Strategic Plan: Talent, Discovery and Transformation 2017-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Stay informed of attack trends, zero-day vulnerabilities, methodologies, and risks within the cybersecurity realm to help ensure effective detection and management.
· Provide hands-on remediation of security vulnerabilities across a wide range of infrastructure and technologies.
· Lead activity to investigate and mitigate security incidents.
· Play a lead role in transformational technology projects.
· Conduct application security assessments and penetration tests.
· Assess security tools capability, performance, and effectiveness.
· Plan for and perform periodic security audits to validate that the security posture satisfies the university security requirements.
· Implement and/or enhance security controls of key university systems.
· Mentor and evangelise security practices through cross functional work with technical and non-technical teams throughout the university.
· Implement and manage network security components such as next generation firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) systems.
· Ensure appropriate and proactive monitoring and event logging for the university’s IT Infrastructure.
· Lead cybersecurity aspects of IT disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
· Drive cloud security improvements.
· Be responsible for the design and development of the university’s cybersecurity awareness training programme.
· Undertake any other appropriate duties assigned by the Director of ISS or nominee.
· At least 5 years’ relevant experience in cybersecurity operations, design or compliance.
· A primary degree or equivalent (NFQ Level 7) in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field.
· A strong technical background in IT with a clear and abiding interest in cybersecurity.
· Significant hands on technical experience in enterprise level information security management.
· Proven ability to implement proper system security controls, metrics and performance indicators for IT systems and service security.
· Strong working knowledge across a range of technologies including Active Directory, IdP, Windows/Linux servers, VPNs, encryption, two factor authentication, VMware, network infrastructure and storage.
· Good customer focus.
· Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
· Strong understanding of cyber-threats.
· Experience with threat modelling, design analysis, and risk assessment.
· Interest and a strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
· Knowledge of OWASP.
It would advantageous to have some of the following:
· Information security management qualifications such as CISSP or similar.
· Knowledge of/experience in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies.
· Knowledge of/experience in Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW).
· Experience administrating Linux servers.
· Experience administrating windows servers.
· Knowledge of Azure Hosting.
· Experience with software development tools.
· Knowledge of/experience in Office 365 security and compliance features.
The post holder will be required to undertake the following mandatory compliance training: GDPR Orientation, and Compliance. Other training may need to be undertaken.
If you have a genuine passion for Cyber Security and want to work alongside some of the industries most talented individuals, this is the role for you.
Please apply now and we will be in touch to arrange a confidential discussion.