Cpl is currently recruiting for a Deli Manager in Cork City.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage the overall performance of all deli locations by ensuring the operation runs efficiently and smoothly
- To prepare site plans to leverage the store’s fresh food strengths and address areas of opportunity to ensure food service profitability
- To have a professional approach to Health, Hygiene and Food Safety and be aware of, and adhere to all relevant regulations concerning HACCP and Health & Safety
- To maximise margin through effective pricing management
- To ensure that company policies and regulatory compliance are implemented and maintained always
- Liaison with suppliers and local EHO to build relationships and ensure deli standards exceed requirements
- To ensure that daily, weekly, monthly stock management procedures are followed to maximise margin and ensure controls are maintained
- Ensure deli standards are consistently improving in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and service.
- Ensure deli sales are maximised and deli targets as agreed are achieved weekly and monthly
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Deli management and/or food service delivery within a retail environment
- Qualification in Food Safety, HACCP standards, Food Services Management essential
- Ability to effectively manage suppliers to maximise their effectiveness in supporting the work of the Company, and to implement strong contract management practices for the Company
- Strong commercial acumen a must
- Have strong IT skills, especially the use of the standard Microsoft Office
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written communications, and be capable of working in a team environment.
- Be capable of working on own initiative to achieve key objectives and of handling the primary responsibilities of the role.