This new and critical position will have high visibility and opportunities for collaboration with leadership and cross-functional teams around the world. This individual contributor will be a critical team player to manage end-to-end supply chain planning for the business unit to provide recommendation and analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for demand, supply and replenishment planning for product portfolio over 10,000 SKU’s (both internally manufactured and externally purchased products)
- Develop monthly supply plan and define optimum DC inventory levels and replenishment plan for assigned products at across the responsible markets
- Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; compiling and analyzing reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
- Responsible for identifying improvements in core S&OP processes, such as defining stock levels, optimal transportation routes, minimizing wastes due to scraps, expiry, etc.
- Work with vendors and manufacturing partners to ensure supply plan and schedule optimizes manufacturing productivity
- Activities may include analysis, planning and forecasting in the areas of production, materials handling, purchasing, inventory management, warehousing, and transportation and distribution.
- Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on procurement and production volume.
- Communicate all product availability risk
- Communicate supply related issues to management and impacted areas
- Create, communicate and track weekly schedules
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintain accuracy of Planning information in MRP system
- Review and update Planning and Scheduling SOPs to ensure accuracy
- Minimum 7 years of progressive global planning experience in a global supply chain environment.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in global/regional purchasing, category management, inventory management and planning
- Experience of supply chain in medical device industry is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Maths or Data Science is a required
- Ability to travel globally as required (with advance planning)
- A strong track record of collaborating with and influencing multifunctional, globally dispersed teams, with a project environment preferred
- Experience of presenting to Global Executive teams
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills necessary required to lead process changes.
- Strong analytical skills required - Advanced level user of Excel (can teach others), Access, SQL, PowerBI and/or other analytical tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills