The Demand Planner position is a key role within the strategic Supply Chain Group, acting as a link between ERP / Sales forecasts and Supply Chain as part of an SF&OP (Sales, Finance and Operations Planning) Process. With a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems, key objectives will be managing the Demand Planning in liaison with Sales, Production Planning and Purchasing.
• Exploit, analyse the Sales forecast from the ERP
• Interacts with sales to complete data collection and demand planning
• Liaise with commercial, lead and improve monthly forecasting and SF&OP processes.
• Focuses on issues and addresses any disconnections with the future forecast
• Presents the demand plan information in an adapted format for material and production planning
• Generate monthly forecast vs actual reports.
• Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
• Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
• Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
• Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
• Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Has a view on new products development plan to include in the overall Demand Plan
• Other Purchasing and Supply Chain duties as requested
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
• APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) strongly desirable.
• BA/BS degree with preferred areas of study in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Research.
• Experience in managing Forecasts, Supply planning, Purchasing, and Continuous Improvement.
• Significant experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems and forecasting tools.
• Excellent data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyze and present data.
• Proficiency in Excel.