Design Engineer to provide support for development of automotive cameras and camera systems. Part of the worldwide network.
Principle mission of the role :
- Provide EMC support to the project teams
- Ensure the application of design specifications.
- Be able to assess the risks related to deviations to specifications.
Application of the methodology based on training received :
- Support the projects from all Business Groups to define the PRA (Preliminary Risk Analysis) and to define action plans related to the CIPLV methodology application
- Is the key contact for project team key members (Hardware, Program management…)
- Support the project team for customer specification analysis / comparisons and write documents about such analysis.
- Perform design activities based on the use of all the tools / techniques he/she disposes (simulation, internal tools, experience, mock up…)
- Define the PCB Layout EMC specification according to pre analysis and ensure the layout follow up through a close partnership with the CAD Engineer
- Write and support the validation by the Customer of the EMC test plan in partnership with the project team
- Organize EMC design tests with support of Sr EMC engineer or team leader and perform debug activities to make the product compliant. Define to the project team the modification to reach compliance and deliver analysis reports to explain and justify the requests.
- Is a representative of the customer to support the project teams with Sr Engineer or team leader
Knowledge transfer and Transverse activities:
- Do the tasks assigned by the management .
- Perform the assigned administrative tasks (Project documentation storage, etc…)
- Participate to daily meeting and prepare the data to be shared within the team.
- Contribute to the knowledge / experience sharing sessions
- Is committed to comply with and implement the safety/environmental policy of the Division.
Minimum Education requirement :
BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent experience.
- 2/3 years EMC experience is a plus
- 2/3 years experience in Electronics (Hardware design) or good basic knowledge in Electronics
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers
- Ability to apply and understand advanced concepts of electrical and/or mechanical nature
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through