This market leading fintech is based in Nenagh, Tipperary – although this role is remote now.
The DevOps Engineer will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of critical enterprise API platform in production.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing software on production systems; ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Achieving a delivery process supporting continuous deployment
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- Pre-production Operational Acceptance Testing to assure the quality of our products / services
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across infrastructure and application domains
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class security solutions.
- Contribute significantly to implementing technical solutions and improvements within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team
- Work independently when required, communicating regularly with stakeholders on solution implementation
- Provide technical coaching on complex issues to colleagues
- Be a proactive stakeholder in product quality
- Ability to analyse and prioritize incidents and determine root cause and thereafter effect resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and a strong customer focus
- Build a knowledge base on the applications and acquire subject matter expertise on the overall line of business.
- 4+ years’ experience in DevOps engineering or similar role
- 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS - EC2, RDS, ELB,EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS)
- Automation experience with configuration management tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins etc
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, bash or PowerShell) and automation skills
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Nagios
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following technologies - IBM Datapower, Apigee and Drupal CMS
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
Please apply now or contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.