Our client is a rapidly expanding company based in Dublin. Their focus is upon the concept of indoor health and how products may beneficially impact by reducing exposures to microorganisms, gases, volatile organic chemicals, toxins, and allergens.
“State of the Art” laboratories combined with multiple climate-controlled chambers offer its clients a unique service. These clients vary from multinationals to start-ups and include manufacturers of a large number of household brands. They provide the data which allows their clients to develop and market their products. Our client is increasingly recognised by consumers and is sought by manufacturers as a trusted data source.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a key phase in their development. There has never been a time when the indoor environment has assumed such importance. You will be part of a dynamic management team. Your role will help take the company to the next level and will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of indoor environmental science.
They are seeking to employ an individual with commercial experience in a relevant/related sector ideally set against a scientific/technical background. The individual will be responsible for the development and management of the sales function and will report directly to the CEO.
· As part of a dynamic management team, you will assume responsibility for developing and implementing the company sales plan.
· The sales process, will of necessity, require the involvement of Scientific team members at varying stages. You will be expected to lead this process and co-ordinate the various inputs.
· As a member of the management team, you will have the opportunity to input on the individual sectoral areas being targeted while controlling the different approaches that may be required.
· The Director of Sales will be expected to develop relationships with key players in companies who have previously chosen our client as their biological testing facility, understanding their developing needs, and making them aware of their ever-enhancing capabilities. A similar expectation and objective will be applied to new clients.
· Management of Scientific capacity enlargement must parallel the increasing outputs of a successful sales process. Accurate forecasting and KPI reporting will be essential in this context. The vision of the Director of Sales will greatly influence the future shape of the company.
· This successful candidate is likely to have insights and opinions on the various marketing approaches necessary to support a dynamic sales process and how integration is best achieved. The selected individual will possess the training and experience necessary to be successful in this demanding key role.
· Proven experience in a similar role, ideally with a minimum of five years’ experience.
· Degree level education in BioScience/Science/Sales or Marketing related discipline, preferably with a strong interest in science.
· Availability to undertake international travel, at least quarterly.
· Strong experience of sales / business development across a number of roles/positions.
· An advantage would be knowledge of relevant/related sectors, for example, scientific testing, validation of product claims in relation to air quality and surfaces, manufacturers/resellers of products aimed at improved air quality.
· Ability to work in a self-directed fashion i.e., to develop sales from identifying leads to closing.
· Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Have a high level of literacy and accuracy, with excellent attention to detail
· Flexibility to deliver on deadlines.
· Experience of online marketing, online PR, and basic website management
· Knowledge of CRM systems, Photoshop, WordPress etc preferred
· Strong knowledge of social media.