Director of Engineering
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, our client established their first operation outside of the U.S creating an E.U Technology Hub based in Galway City. Their growing team is tackling core technology challenges and influencing the next generation of services critical to their success and continued growth.
About the Job:
As a Director of Engineering, reporting the VP, Managing Director & Site Lead, you will be responsible for leading and developing the most important elements of our engineering organization– our people and our technical strategy. Our passion is to deliver experiences that make our users fall in love with us again and again, and we achieve this by nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, and coordination between and within teams. Success in this role requires deep technical knowledge and a passion for guiding people and engineering projects to successful outcomes in a high growth environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Mentor and develop diverse teams of talented software engineers. Support their technical development and professional growth. Empower and enable them to make decisions independently while operating seamlessly as a cross-functional team.
- Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s, and think critically and creatively about their long-term career development in line with our development frameworks and company strategy.
- Take an active role in evolving and driving the roadmap for your Engineering teams.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems while keeping quality high.
- Provide a strong technical and architectural vision for platforms, systems, and infrastructure.
- Provide input into software development lifecycle, improvement and standardisation strategies.
- Develop internal SOPs, processes, documentation, and training to ensure that team members have the skills and tools they need to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments.
- Collaborate to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency, and security throughout the software and infrastructure.
- Communicate across cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design to foster strong partnership and drive successful outcomes.
- You have senior level technical experience as an engineer working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- You are a passionate and effective engineering leader with demonstrable experience in the people management of high performing, happy teams.
- You have experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, microservices, algorithms, and/or relational/NoSQL databases.
- You have experience in modern frameworks and design patterns (MVC, REST, React, Redux).
- You have experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- You are guided by engineering best practices and delivering quality, reliable, robust and scalable solutions.
- You are an influential communicator with the ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- You care deeply about the happiness of others and can confidently navigate performance, developmental and technical conversations with your teams.
- You have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
- You can handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality.
For more information on the role above please contact Martin on 0871033674 or email Martin.Connell@cpl.ie