- Have a minimum of 5 years post registration experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in care of the older person at CNM level -in acute hospital setting or residential services
- Ideally hold a post graduate qualification in health care or a management related field
- Ideally hold a post graduate gerontology/dementia care course
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior level in a comparable organisation.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
- Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
• Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
• Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Care, Quality and Standards.
• Be a Registered General Nurse.
• Be available to work flexible hours when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage the Residential care centre on a day to day basis and provide leadership for staff and residents.
• Have a full and thorough knowledge of the residents’ clinical, medical and social needs and ensure that the nursing care provided is of the highest standard and supports best practice at all times.
• Have a thorough knowledge of staff members and their skills and attributes.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory regulations and standards applicable to the residential care centre.
• Communicate openly and clearly with the Provider, staff and colleagues in other homes to ensure that the Home operates efficiently and effectively and that the correct resources are provided at all times.
• Maximise bed occupancy through the effective management of resources.