We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You will also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects.
● Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
● Ensure compliance with security regulations.
● Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines.
● Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget.
● Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
● Hire engineers and coordinate their training.
● Implement innovative technologies.
● Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools.
● Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment.
● Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field.
● Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department.
● Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces.
● Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development.
● Good understanding of agile methodologies.
● Leadership abilities with a strategic mind.
● Excellent project management skills.
● We are Bear Robotics. Since 2017, our culture of fun, collaboration, and smart ideas has catapulted us to the +180 people at Bear Robotics you see today. We never stop looking for the brightest minds to help us solve big problems in the hospitality industry.
● Bear Robotics provides the opportunity for personal development, cross-functional growth, and developing expertise in your field. We pride ourselves on communicating ideas rapidly and achieve this by keeping our hierarchy flat and meetings to a minimum. Bears who come up with the best ideas and initiatives are rewarded through our employee bonus programs!
● Our product, Servi autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings the dishes back for cleaning, but has no plans to stop there! Our goal is to become the number one company in the world for hospitality robotics. Servi is already in kitchens, hotels, casinos & senior living facilities around the world.