Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are looking to hire a Document Controller for their site in Newbridge
Why Patients Need You
A career with us is about discovering breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. A high performing administrative team is essential to bringing those therapies to people all over the world and making a positive difference. We need dedicated colleagues like you who are efficient, find solutions and collaborate with others to achieve our purpose.
What You Will Achieve
Your strong communication and collaboration skills will help the process team to run its operations efficiently. You will focus primarily on administrative coordination to functional areas. You will also be responsible for managing records and files, verifying data, responding to mails and scheduling meetings, amongst other things.
As part of the administrative support team, you have comprehensive knowledge and skills in your area and understand how related areas impact it. You take initiative to represent your department on cross-functional teams. You are proactive in sharing knowledge and expertise with others in your work group. You are seen as someone who promotes teamwork and always motivates others to achieve team objectives. Your systematic approach and organizational abilities will ensure that communication between departments and teams is seamless.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Provide the full range of administrative support activities across multiple process teams
- Work with operational teams to update GMP documents and co-ordinate the document lifecycle
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, including the appropriate handling of sensitive and confidential correspondence.
- Assist with meeting scheduling, conference room reservations, teleconference set-up, external individual visit to the site and associated meeting logistics.
- Complete quality work on a timely basis, using judgment to identify most urgent issues and working to resolve them immediately.
- Create and maintain distribution lists, organizational charts and maintain electronic files. Support projects and initiatives as needed.
- Manage meeting minutes, meeting follow-ups and expedite flow of work.
- Manage purchase orders through the system and track invoices.
- Take personal accountability for quality of own work that impacts the department and understands impacts of actions.
- Work well in self-directed environment, with minimal instruction, assumes increased levels of responsibility and takes accountability for decisions and outcomes.
- Provide back-up assistance in the absence of other administrative colleagues.
- Manage own time, professional development and prioritize workflow.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- 4+ years' experience
- Previous experience that demonstrates ability to proactively carry out administrative functions proficiently, and to complete quality work in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures, such as telephone reception, customer service, e-mail etiquette etc.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience using applications, such as Concur, WebEx and Ariba
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal oversight
We will only accept applications from colleagues via the formal route within Workday. Please do not submit paper or e-mail applications.
In line with good development planning, colleagues should discuss their suitability and/or readiness for a vacancy with their line manager prior to application. Colleagues are required to inform their manager if they are invited to attend interview. Where a line manager is not able to support an application either for suitability, readiness or business reasons, and a colleague continues to make an application, it is possible that an offer may not be made or may be withdrawn.
Applications not received by the closing date will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances and will require the support of your senior management team.
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.