.Net Application Developer role - Remote/Galway
Our client is seeking .NET Application Developer to join our Team. The team is based at our office in Galway, Ireland but this role is open to those working remote. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team of Developers and QAs.
The role will work within the IT software delivery team as part of a team of development professionals. You will work on the analysis, design, development and maintenance of solutions, according to business needs and requirements. This role includes working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager in scheduling project development deliverables.
What you will do:
• Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the solutions & projects.
• Prioritise and delivery of all tasks assigned. Taking ownership of all work items and issues end to end and proactive follow up.
• Work closely with the Lead Developer and Delivery Management on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
• Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
• Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
• Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high quality with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
• Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc. If an issue can’t be resolved to escalate to the next escalation contact.
• Follow of best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
• Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
• Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
• Train new and junior team members in product development and methodology.
• Participate fully in the Company’s Performance Management Process
• Working as part of a cross-functional IT delivery team to deliver high quality technology deliverables
Who you are:
• Proposes solutions to problems, does not focus on problem
• Considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
• Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and an open mind
• Understands development practices of modern web-based applications architectures
• Proficient in C#. ,NET, SQL and PHP
• Demonstrates collaborative approach and encourages team information sharing
• Actively works with scrum masters and delivery management to achieve team goals
What you will bring:
• 3rd level qualification in a computer related discipline or equivalent
• QA certification or equivalent accreditation (e.g. ISTQB)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Application Development role
• Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, .NET Framework, SQL, API development, GUI Development, Jira, Unit Testing
• Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (eg. MVC, MVVM)
• Must have experience developing unit tests.
• Highly desirable experience in Azure, Azure DevOps, Angular & ReSharper