Our client, a major engineering consultancy operating worldwide, is seeking an Ecologist to join their Environment business to work alongside engineers, scientists, planners and other staff on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water, energy and transport sectors. The role will be based in either Dublin or Cork subject to the successful candidate's preference.
- Work as part of and support cross disciplinary teams working in preliminary design, statutory consent, and construction stage projects in the energy, water and transport sectors;
- Support the process of preparing constraints studies, option assessments, public information documents and statutory applications for public and private infrastructure projects;
- Prepare high quality analytical assessments to inform infrastructure project development;
- Undertake ecological surveys and provide mentoring to less experienced staff in habitat assessment to Fossitt level III, protected species and invasive species surveys;
- Have a sound appreciation of the environmental and planning reporting process and relevant legislation and guidance;
- Interpretation of monitoring data including Water Framework Directive ecological and chemical monitoring data, contaminated land analysis and effluent monitoring data;
- Manage data using GIS (ArcGIS)
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Ecology / Botany);
- Experience in the assessment of large scale public infrastructure projects in the water, energy or transport sectors;
- Extensive understanding and experience of Appropriate Assessment (Habitats Directive) including experience in writing screenings for Appropriate Assessment and Natura impact Statements;
- Experience in field surveys - protected species surveys, habitat assessment, invasive species survey;
- GIS competencies (ArcGIS);
- Comprehensive awareness of relevant Irish and European legislation, policy and guidance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- CEcol with CIEEM or working towards same desirable;
- Full driving licence essential.
Attractive permanent role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s experience, suitability and fit for the role.
Please reply in strict confidence with up to date CV to:
Sandra Brennan E: email@example.com