The Platform System Architect is responsible for embedded design and development of the overall system solutions and technologies in line with platform standards, market demands, customer needs, deliverables and technology development roadmap. You will actively participate in vision & fusion automotive ECU solutions from RFI/RFQ phase to SOP.
Platform System Architecture Design:
· Lead and develop platform standards; embedded system architecture design based on Valeo/Customer system requirements, working closely with each of the R&D teams to develop feasible platform solutions.
· Review of System Requirements and subsequent translation into internal system architectural designs
· Liaise with the HW, SW, Mechanical, Production and Test Engineering to technically analyse and develop platform solutions and allocate architecture requirements
· Perform engineering assessment of all internal and external change requests (CR) made to the project and translation of these into specific architecture requirements updates
· Lead and/or support System FMEA, DFMEA analysis
· System state machine, operating modes, and feature use cases analysis
· Hardware resource analysis (memory, computational power) for applicable features/functions including framework.
· Internal/External interfaces design and analysis; speed, bandwidth, timings etc.
· Video/Data pipeline design and analysis
· Support BOM analysis for best cost and performance effective solutions, design reviews and board bring-up
· Support and engage with Functional Safety (FuSa) and CyberSecurity (CS) teams.
Platform Technology Development
· R&D of automotive vision/fusion products like Automated Driving (AD), Automated Parking (AP), Surround View Systems
· Develop proof of concept and standardize next generation embedded solutions that are aligned with Platform Strategy
· Understand technology trends to converse with internal/external customers and give guidance in terms of roadmap development
· Next Gen Technology analysis; Multicore SoCs / MCUs, video transmission, image processing, algorithm & HMI
· Analyze emerging technologies to improve system performance and reliability, ensure best cost and performance effective solutions selected.
· Support/feedback to TDP (Technology Development Plan), participating in Platform Committee where needed.
· Participate in, contribute to or lead technical communication with customers and technology suppliers.
· IP clearance and protect design ideas with IDM/Patents applications.
· Create the system architecture timing plan which must be aligned with the overall platform/project plan.
· Ensure system architecture work products are baselined, released & managed through the Configuration Management & Change Control processes which must be aligned with the timing plan.
· Complete scheduled tasks to deliver system development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan.
· Participate in project teams and report on platform system architecture activities as appropriate
· Comply with ISO/IEC 15504 ASPICE Process Assessment Model / company R&D process
Degree in Electronics, Computer, Software Engineering or equivalent
· Min 5 years experience in electronic product development environment
· Experience with vision/fusion products
· Multi-core MCU/SoC embedded development
· Presentation skills and tools
· SysML (System Modeling Language) design experience/knowledge is a plus
· Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
· Experience or knowledge on embedded FuSa and Cybersecurity is a plus.
· The Company reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his/her duties
· Good team player
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Confident, self-motivated, energetic, agile, proactive and adaptable approach
· Mindset of development process, continuous improvement, and product quality
· Experience in the automotive industry will be an advantage
· The company reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties