Our client are a bulk API manufacturer. They are looking to strengthen their team with the addition of an EHS Engineer.
As an upper tier COMAH/SEVESO site, with a naturally high focus and attention on EHS, this should be a very interesting role and opportunity from an EHS and compliance perspective.
Role Purpose: In close cooperation with the EHS Manager & EHS Team, the EHS Engineer will ensure systems and practices are developed and maintained in EHS to provide an Injury Free Workplace with safe systems, practices, procedures, equipment and processes with a focus on health & safety & auditing.
• Conduct internal audits in line with ISO 14001 / 45001 / OHSAS 18001.
• Ensure incident investigations are tracked to closure.
• Conduct procedural compliance assessments in the factory.
• Develop the permit to work system in association with technical personnel in the plant.
• Coordinate and lead task, area and equipment related health and safety risk assessments as part of the on-going risk assessment programme for the site.
• Conduct manual handling and ergonomic assessments.
• Conduct assessments of compliance on batch records and other manufacturing related documents.
• Assist in the maintenance of the sites Emergency Response Team and Emergency Response Plan as an Upper Tier Seveso Site.
• Assist in ensuring a strong adherence to contractor management activities.
• Assisting in ensuring action tracking and management across all functions of the organisation
• Ensure a process of continuous improvement in the EHS Training requirements of the site which will include the development and delivery of training modules, safety briefings, tool box talks etc.
• Assist with other EHS related tasks such as updating of documentation in a GMP environment, assist with Regulatory Agency Inspections and communications etc
Achieve: Mindset of Right First Time & be goal
Care: Respect others; use initiative and consider
the opinions of others
Cooperate: Provide support & Team Work
Innovate: Take the initiative without threatening
Safety or Quality, think outside of the box, have a
mindset of continuous improvement and drive
KEY ADDITIONAL ROLE
• Internal auditor trained / experience.
• Functional/Technical Skills (incl. analytical mindset & attention to detail)
• Organisational skills
• Managing through Systems
• Action Oriented
• Written communication and report writing.
• Primary Degree in Science or Engineering specialising in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
• 5-10 years’ experience working in an Occupational Health and Safety role.
• Ideally experienced in bulk manufacturing, oil and gas industry or the chemicals industry.
• Previous experience of a SEVESO site, IED Licence / ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 & GMP Manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
• Internal auditor & manual handling trained is also desirable.
• Highly organised and capable of working on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate & interact across all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to conduct independent internal audits.
• Strong analytical and engineering skills.
• Good influential skills.
• Excellent report compiling and writing skills.
• Mindset of continuous improvement
For more information, and a confidential conversation, please contact Jenny.Navan@cpl.ie or call 016146072
Our client are an equal opportunities employer who truly value diversity.