On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for an EHS Manager.
My client, a pharmaceutical company based in Dublin now have an opportunity for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager. As the EHS Manager your role is to lead the EHS function in Dublin. This position will report to the Director of Global EHS.
As an EHS Manager you will manage the Environment, Health and Safety Function sitewide, ensuring compliance with all regulatory legislation and global requirements, and to represent and/or participate in Global EHS activities as appropriate. You will work with the local Global Product Supply organisation in Dublin to ensure optimal EHS procedures and systems are in place.
• Overhead budget and capital budget preparation and control
• Manpower planning, training, and staff development
• Participation in relevant local Management meetings/forums
• Lead and participate in site improvement initiatives including LEAN – focusing on system improvements, and waste reduction, including energy/water saving.
• The EHS Manager will be a business partner to the other members of the Management Team and will share responsibility for the delivery of the site goals and targets.
• Ensure that necessary human and technical resources are in place to provide an efficient and effective EHS ser-vice to the business units and other site operations.
• You will be responsible to recruit and train staff when appropriate. You will also be responsible for performance management of your direct reports.
• Regular communication of EHS issues, performance, and awareness to staff (e.g. GEMBA meetings, Management Meetings, Core Briefs, All in Dublin Meetings etc.).
• Pro-actively driving improved safety culture on site through training, awareness, and communication.
• Monitor and facilitate local safety team meetings and provide EHS technical support to business units as re-quired.
Environment, Health and Safety in Dublin
• Management of the company’s EHS programme ensuring site-wide compliance with EHS legislation
• Establishing and achieving goals and objectives for the Department
• Promote a culture on-site to make employees more aware of their joint responsibility in achieving health and safety
• Promote environmental culture improvements in relation to energy, water, and waste reduction site-wide, and create increased awareness of regulatory requirements through training and presentations.
• Third level qualification Degree (or higher) in Engineering or Science and/or relevant qualifications in Environment, Health and Safety.
• Meet the “competent person” requirements as detailed in the H&S legislation
• in depth knowledge of the HSE legal and regulatory aspects
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a EHS Management role in a multi-national manufacturing organisation is essential.
• Excellent communication skills at organisation, team and individual level.
• Must have excellent written & verbal skills
Full details available, contact Ciara at +353 1 2784701 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL Group www.thornshaw.com