EHS Specialist in Bulk Chemical Manufacturing in Dub 23
Cpl are delighted to work with our client partner to support them with sourcing and hiring an accomplished EHS Specialist for their Bulk Chemical Manufacturing site in Dublin 24.
The role is a full-time day shift position, and the vacancy is open due a recent internal promotion.
If you are a Degree Qualified and experienced EHS and or Environmental Safety professional and you are interested in a new and rewarding career with a heritage brand in Pharma manufacturing, this might be an interesting career opportunity for you.
The role itself is part of a team of 5 EHS professionals, each with their own EHS portfolio on the site and reporting into the site Director of EHS.
The hiring manager is now keen to review applications and feedback will be provided on CV’s within approx 72 hours.
Please note for consideration, you must be eligible for full time perm employment in Ireland, hold the relevant 3rd level qualifications and be able to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
EHS Specialist primary duties and responsibilities
• You will help and support with the development and monitoring of the sites environmental, Health & Safety programmes ensuring compliance with legislative regulations.
• Support with the evolving site EHSS integrated management system
• Perform risk assessments for various operations, on equipment and tasks and you will implement associated risk controls where appropriate.
• Work in a close partnership model with the other EHS specialists across the site.
• You will support the Director of EHS to ensure that the site is fully compliant in accordance with HAS, OSHA, EPA and corporate requirements.
• Increasing the safety awareness of all staff through promotion, risk assessment, training and working with departmental managers
• Conduct inspections, internal assessments on various programs to detect existing or potential hazards and recommend corrective or preventative measures
• Ability to work on own initiative, engage with associates and drive a safety value
• Lead EHS projects to completion
• Provide support to accident investigations and Incident prevention opportunities
• Ensuring EHS awareness through coordinating participation in events including Safety week and Safety Walks
• Maintains comprehensive administrative filing systems including archival and storage inventories in accordance with good practices.
• Develop, establish, and conduct related training programs in environmental, health, and safety practices for administrative, manufacturing, laboratory, and outside service personnel
• Create and update EHS programs/procedures as well as supporting risk assessment and training materials as necessary
• Provide guidance and support to colleagues and service providers on EHS issues.
• Ensure the correct process for reporting and investigation of all EHS incidents are implemented
• Monitoring environmental performance in compliance with the operating permits and report to the management, employees and relevant statutory agencies as required.
• Lead by example and role model good safety behaviour and environmental practices to develop and support a high performing EHS culture on site
• Attend daily operational meetings, provide support and drive EHS at these meetings
• Coordinate, engage and schedule regular touchpoints for Site steering team, First aid team & Emergency Response team.
• Other tasks as assigned by EHS manager
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
• A relevant 3rd level qualification ideally in Environmental Science or another relevant 3rd level EHS discipline.
• Ideally you will have 5 years of career experience, preferably within manufacturing environments and the preference is Pharma, Med-Dev, Food and or Beverage Production
• Proven experience in Pharma or BRC regulated manufacturing is a necessity for consideration.
• You will prove capabilities in all relevant EHS regulations, site environmental and safety management systems.
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative and should possess excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Have compliance mindset regards company and legal requirements.
• Candidates must have the ability to become familiar with all site processes and procedures; they must also have the technical competence to understand and review safety-critical and environmental-critical aspects of each process/procedure.
If you are interested in this career opportunity that will challenge and reward you equally and that will offer you a progressive career, then please send me your CV to [email protected] in the strictest of confidence and I will reply to you within 48 hours.