Electrical Design Engineer
At CPL we are passionate about providing our clients with the best talent experience possible. We work with our clients to provide innovative solutions to meet their talent challenges.
We are currently recruiting for a Major Public body as part of nation- wide contract. The seek to hire an Electrical Design Engineers within their Property Services Division, on a long term, temporary basis.
Working hours: Monday to Friday (Flexi time)
The position is temporary with an estimated duration of 6 months. Please note that this is purely an estimated duration.
PLEASE NOTE, ONLY APPLICANTS WHO DEMONSTRATE THEY MEET THE SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE BY CV OR COVER LETTER WILL BE CONSIDERED.
The post holder will assist M & E staff as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a variety of activities such as:
- Feasibility, design and contract managing the installation of electrical building services micro and small works projects (up to a value of £500k);
- Managing, directing and participating in the work of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Directing and supervising contractors in undertaking works.
- Advising clients on a variety of building services related issues including planned preventative maintenance, building energy management and sustainable development.
- Liaising with other professional and technical staff in the division and with client representatives to effectively maintain the clients property estate to ensure satisfactory use for intended purpose and value for money;
- Maintaining branch performance and client delivery in compliance with all statutory, health and safety, policy, good practice requirements and associated guidance.
- Compliance with public sector procurement policy.
- The above list is not comprehensive but gives a good indication of the main duties of the post. The emphasis on particular duties will vary over time according to business needs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate clearly that they meet the following Criteria:
- A BTEC/Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Building Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years, in the design of electrical building services typically found in non-domestic buildings*.
*Non-domestic buildings are defined as; office accommodation; educational facilities; healthcare facilities or retail facilities.