Electricity Regulatory Specialist
Our client, an energy trading company, are looking to recruit a Regulatory Affairs Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting gas and electricity regulation activity across Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Monitoring and reporting the Ireland/NI regulatory and government landscape to ensure management are aware of the regulatory, license, market, risk & opportunities and any key proposed changes to these which may affect the company.
Responsible for leading all responses to regulatory, government, market, industry, and other consultation, position, or proposal papers. This includes coordinating input from key members from other internal teams and business units, and any relevant input from consultants and advisors.
Prepare analysis to enable management to make decisions relating to regulatory affairs, including presentation of assumptions, sensitivities and conclusions of such analysis. This will include evaluation of multiple options and assessment of the impact on different assets in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Contribute to external stakeholder management programme to enhance our reputation and commercial ambitions and help shape emerging policy within the island of Ireland. This will include acting as representative on various industry, regulatory, government and other energy market forums.
Actively participate in Commercial, Trading and Business Development team meetings and activities to bring a broad perspective from the regulatory and political viewpoint to all such discussions and decisions.
Develop, maintain and continue to grow professional and collaborative relationships with Business Development, regulatory, compliance and market facing teams to ensure the company is at the forefront of knowledge of market trends in ISEM and other relevant markets including gas markets.
Assist Senior Management team by inputting to commercial and other strategy development on an on-going basis to ensure such strategies take account of all existing rules, regulations, obligations, conditions applicable to the company, and any proposed or planned changes to same.
Responsible for obtaining, executing, filing, updating and amendments to all necessary regulatory, market, government licences, permits and registrations, etc.
Undertake any other duties for which Management deems the post holder.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Third Level Qualifications in a numerical or relevant discipline.
- Proven track record and experience in regulatory or government affairs within a heavy regulated environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the SEM electricity market, including extensive knowledge of the SEM regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy policy environment in Ireland, Northern Ireland, GB and Europe.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, stakeholder management, negotiating and problem-solving skills with emphasis on attention to detail. The ability to clearly articulate key arguments in a professional, credible and assertive manner.
- Strong computer skills, very competent in the use of MS Office packages particularly Excel and/or other analytical tools.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum 3 years’ relevant experience of the SEM electricity market, including experience of the SEM regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge and understanding of the gas markets in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Strong strategy development skills, with a proven ability to see how issues are interrelated and to see the broader business context.
Interested candidates please apply with up to date CV to email@example.com or call Sandra Brennan on +353 86 6078980 for enquiries.