I am delighted to be bringing this exclusive opportunity to join a global organisation to the Irish legal market.
The role demands a product-savvy, technically competent payments lawyer, potentially with deep experience in specific relevant areas of financial regulation. This opportunity represents an exceptional chance to embed yourself with one of the world’s most exciting organisations.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Strong knowledge of the laws and regulations that regulate payments and other types of financial transactions.
- Understanding of legal principles applicable to payments and risk, including the payments ecosystem (e.g., the role of acquiring and issuing banks, card networks, payment processors, gateways, risk vendors, etc.), regulatory implications (e.g., stored value, money transmission and other payments, cross-border and international regulatory issues) and consumer protection laws.
- Knowledge of major payment network rules and processes and experience dealing with major payment networks.
- Experience advising regulated payment entities and supporting payments compliance programs.
- Strong legal regulatory background, and experience dealing directly with government agencies and regulators.
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You collaborate with the Public Affairs teams on regulatory matters that could impact payments.
- You analyze services, policies and initiatives to provide practical and actionable legal advice, including legal assessments of risk across multiple jurisdictions.
- You provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our payments operation.
- You will be a team-player, interested in building out a state-of-the-art legal function to support the expanding needs of a growing, international business.
The ideal candidate will have a background/skills in most or all of the following:
- Minimum of 8 years' PQE
- Strong experience in Payments / Financial Regulation
- Experience with and passion for payments law, data privacy, security, consumer protection issues in the digital environment, platform liability, marketing and advertising law, and information policy
- Strong ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and structuring international commercial transactions with a wide range of counterparties, cultures and working styles
For further information on this role the number to contact me on is 087 431 3000 or you can send your CV to email@example.com