EMEA Payroll Manager
Our client is seeking an EMEA Payroll Manager to join their finance team in a large multinational company based in Cork. The successful candidate will report into the Senior Global Payroll Manager and will manage the activities of a regional team within the payroll function.
· Managing staff responsible for multi-country payroll.
· Assist with development, recommendation and implementation of a long-term global payroll strategy.
· Build a strong partnership with HR.
· Working manager with responsible for day-to-day payroll questions.
· Manage relationship with external payroll service provider.
· Review and ensure timely remittance of payroll tax payments by ADP.
· Assess all payroll funding requests put forth.
· Perform critical quarterly and year-end reviews
· Review tax notices received from taxing authorities and interface with outsourced payroll tax vendor or outsourced payroll vendor to ensure a timely and accurate response.
· Contribute to developing payroll policies and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
· Identify opportunities to improve processes and enhance controls
· Perform regular performance reviews of the team
· Take an active role in the development of individuals and the wider team
· There may occasionally be a need to travel.
· High School graduate, equivalent or above
· Payroll qualifications such as IPASS or CIPP will be an advantage.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a Multinational payroll environment
· Fluent English. Additional European language will be a distinct advantage, particularly French or German.