Now is the Time – Engagement and Forum Manager
You’ve been thinking about a new job for a while, but the pandemic stopped you moving forward, right?
You’ve thought about a new role that better meets your needs? A Job with better pay, benefits, flexibility, and prospects but so far haven’t done anything about it?
CPL have partnered with our valued client The Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS).
They work to develop and implement government policies and deliver services to
the public. This position sits within The Commission for Victims and Survivors, and they are looking for an Engagement and Form Manager to join their team on a temporary contract,
with possibility of extension.
Hours – 37 hours per week (09:00 – 17:00)
Pay Rate - £16.80 per/hr
Location – Belfast
Benefits – 37 days per annum / Flexi time
This is a Temporary Full-time appointment to cover a vacancy on an ongoing basis until a permanent recruitment process takes place.
Reporting to the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement the post holder will assist in the delivery of the internal / external stakeholder engagement plans to contribute to an increased awareness of issues relating to victims and survivors and the office of the Commission for Victims and Survivors.
The post holder will have key responsibilities for the implementation of a co-ordinated and integrated approach to stakeholder engagement including management of the Victims and Survivors Forum as well as providing support and advice to the Commissioner and senior staff on emerging issues. They will deliver projects to further the Commission’s Corporate and Outcome Delivery Plans related to engagement.
Victims and Survivors Forum
· Support the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement on the appointment of a new Forum including the development of appropriate policies and procedures.
· Delivering and overseeing the day-to-day management of the Victims and Survivors Forum
· Organisation of Forum/working group meetings and the preparation of materials including agendas, briefing papers etc. for meetings and activity
· Drafting and ensuring delivery on agreed action points
· Overseeing and monitoring all Victims and Survivors Forum expenditure and updating and reporting to the Head of Communications and Engagement as required
· Assisting the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement in the design and delivery of a programme of pastoral support, training and development for Forum members
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with Victims and Survivors Forum members and advising the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement on emergent issues
· Supporting the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement in the delivery of the Victims and Survivors Forum Annual Work Programme
· Ensure value for money with all external consultants and service providers through the provision of high-quality creative briefs, procurement arrangements, effective business planning and management of contracts.
Engagement - Stakeholders
· Support the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement in the delivery of effective and efficient Stakeholder Engagement activity reflecting the functions, responsibilities, and the corporate priorities of the Commission.
· Providing feedback and the measuring, monitoring and evaluation of all stakeholder engagement activity at a corporate level to the Head of Communication and Engagement to allow effective monitoring of stakeholder services
· Providing advice and insight on external stakeholders to senior staff and identifying opportunities to promote the Commission’s work and knowledge.
· Managing a range of co-ordination and communication services to the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement in relation to stakeholder engagement.
· Monitoring, updating, and overseeing the maintenance of a comprehensive contact database of groups and individuals (victims & survivors).
· Providing feedback and insight on the communication needs of different stakeholder audiences.
· Supporting the Director of Policy Development, Research and Engagement in the delivery of the outreach strategy in support of the Commission’s communication strategies and managing its effective implementation.
· Delivering an effective and efficient events management service for the Commission at a corporate and division level. Engage with individual clients who contact the Commission/Commissioner.
· Maintain a detailed client database.
· Draft and issue individual correspondence on behalf of the Commissioner.
· Contribute to the formulation and review of Commission strategies, plans and policies.
· Contribute to the achievement of the objectives agreed for the Commission in relation to established Performance Indicators.
· Identifying and effectively managing resources for your work, at all times controlling costs and seeking best value.
· Members of staff are expected at all times to provide the appropriate service and to treat Victims and Survivors with in a courteous and respectful manner.
· To ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in the staff of the Commission for Victims and Survivors, staff must ensure they maintain the highest standards of personal accountability.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be exhaustive. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the Commission.