Our Client is a global Healthcare Leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to provide support to the manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the select ion process with human resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conduct in g formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower- level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organisational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organisational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures for example compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), British Standards Institution (BSI), re levant employment law etcetera (etc.).
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature , meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- ( Experience/Education). National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 6+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors or nonexempt technical individual s toward departmental goals. Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit, monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Will be performing this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- (Cognitive Skills) Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments, facilitates to hers involvement in the continuous improvement program; investigates and solves problems that imp act work processes and personnel within the assigned unit.
- (Influence/Leadership) Promotes the attainment of group goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable staff. Provides leadership to assigned units by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving group objectives.
- (Planning/Organization) Schedules human and material resources within a group or section in conjunction with near- term plans to ensure their availability; carries out operations within an established budget.
- (Decision Making/Impact) Assignments are expressed in the form of tasks and objectives, generally makes day-to-da decisions within established guidelines regarding work processes or schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects or operations with substantial expenditure o f time, human resources, and funds, without jeopardising future business activity.
- (Supervision Received) Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
If you have the above skills and experience please contact Catriona Duggan email@example.com / Telephone: 087 2419644.