The Developer Platform team is integral to promoting the API-first strategy in the region.
The team is responsible for providing a developer experience that allows customers to easily integrate their applications with the Payment & Analytics APIs. The team consists of designers, developers, testers, architects, product managers and developer community advocates.
You’ll be key in developing an organization of high performing teams that can delivery on the
engineering vision for the Developer Platform. You will be responsible for developing talent within the team and ensuring teams are supported and empower to achieve their goals. You will be asked to work with the leaders in the organization to design and drive the engineering strategy for the Developer Platform.
• Recruit the best people.
• Manage a cross functional engineering team consisting of software engineers, architect, DevOps
engineer, SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) coaching them and supporting their
personal and professional development.
• Establish KPIs and metrics.
• Support and drive continuous improvement within the teams.
• Provide input on key strategic technology decisions.
• Key contributor to defining and improving standards and best practices.
• Participation in Technical and Project level governance as required.
• Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to the team.
Knowledge & Skills
• Have at least 8 years experience in software engineering with at least 2 years experience in
managing cross functional engineering teams.
• Strong employee performance management and career development experience.
• Have a strong software engineering background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise
business systems and solutions integration.
• Experience and understanding of API ecosystems including Developer Portals and API Gateways
• Knowledge and experience of Open API standards and specifications.
Typescript, Angular/ React, Spring-Boot, Node.js, Express.js, Apigee, Drupal Content Management
• Knowledge of agile SDLCs. Strong understanding and at least 4 years of experience of lean and agile
methods of software delivery including Scrum and Kanban.
• Knowledge of CICD best practices - tools such as Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, etc.
• Knowledge of Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.
• Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies
knowledge to support the needs of critical platform development.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing
others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive
• Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs as well as technical challenges
• Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Strong communication skills and coordination skills.
• Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS,
HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Knowledge of payments industry is desirable.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Edit Job Description