CPL Recruitment has an exciting new opportunity for an Engineering Manager based in Co Cavan.
I have worked with this client for a number of years and I suggest you reach out for an exploratory call. All my placed candidates have said it was one of the best career moves they ever made.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Process equipment and control systems are capable of producing consistently high-quality products in a safe and efficient manner.
This will be achieved by the job holder ensuring that high standards are adhered to in terms of Process Capability and reliability, plant automation, process, and mechanical engineering practices. To ensure that the plant facilities are kept to a safe and sustainable standard at all times. To fully manage and expedite all plant capex projects
- Third level Qualification- Science and or Engineering
- Trade qualification in electrical/mechanical
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment
- Demonstrable leadership experience ideally within a unionised environment
- Ability to multitask working towards tight deadlines
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Proven experience within a WCM/Lean environment is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work cross functionally prioritising work accordingly
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Demonstrable experience in finding innovative solutions to problems.
- Proven experience in leading High-Performance teams
- Mgt qualification desirable.
- MS Office
- SAP is desirable
- CAD is desirable
- Promote company Health and Safety, Environmental, and Quality Policies in the performance of the role.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Engineering team to ensure optimum departmental performance and achievement of continuous improvement goals in the areas of safety, environment, product quality, customer service and cost effectiveness.
- Foster a harmonious working environment and manage industrial relations activity where possible
- Lead the Engineering team to ensure that all company policies and procedures designed to protect quality, safety, environmental and commercial performance are followed rigorously
- Lead the plant Carbon roadmap programme with our energy engineering dept.
- Actively work with production and QPC management to achieve best practice in respect of engineering and process control standards to improve plant technical and quality performance.
- Develop capital expenditure projects for the site, with input from all key stakeholders
- Oversee all factory insurance inspections and certifications inc. site risk and ISO
- Develop and execute plans for process improvement through re-engineering of existing equipment in line with the respective production & QPC managers
- Ensure all projects are executed in a timely manner and to budgeted numbers.
- Work closely with the plant manager to ensure all cross functional activities take place.
- Monitor, Analyse, and report accurately on the engineering performance of all manufacturing plant in relation to productivity.
- Investigate and identify the root cause of adverse process and automation failure events and implement fast and effective corrective and preventive action plans to prevent re-occurrence, through company WCM tools
- Oversee the civils and facilities of the plant, to include upgrades, budgeting and contractor control
- Develop short, medium and long term engineering plans to develop a highly effective team to support the delivery of the plants annual improvement plans.
- Working with the EHS team, identify and implement continuous improvements to practices and procedures that reduce the risk of accident and injury to all personnel and reduce adverse environmental impact by company activities.
- Manage all automation works & our I4.0 project roadmap
- Lead as appropriate and participate in cross functional teams improving operational performance, product performance and personnel development.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets in agreement with the plant Manager to improve the cost effectiveness of operations.
- Manages headcount in the department and actively participates in workforce planning for the engineering department.
- Auditing and combustion analysis of Gas Systems to ensure safety of equipment in maintenance and operation.
- Definition of short term operational targets to colleagues and peers to deliver the overarching roadmap.
- Routine (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, annually) automated and manual reporting of correct Energy and CO2 data to all internal and external stakeholders against target.
- Liaison with Regional and Group Technical Experts to identify quantify and prioritise technical opportunities for improvement on the site.
- Identification and Proposal of Studies and Projects to improve the Energy and CO2 performance of the site.
- Reporting on progress of all energy improvement activities
For a confidential discussion, reach out to Aisling on 087 4671309 or on email@example.com