Job descriptionJO-2107-472777 Electrical Engineering Manager Offaly
Cpl are partnering exclusively to support our North Co. Offaly based client who are leading heritage brand in Vehicle Conversions. With a national and international customer portfolio, due to rapid business growth there is now and immediate requirement to recruit an accomplished Electrical Engineering Manger to join the senior management team.
This is a new Engineering Manager role to support the Executive leadership team on their continued expansion programme.
The Company themselves are is one of the leading vehicle converters in Ireland and the UK and is now growing to become an internationally recognised vehicle conversion specialist.
Headquartered in Co. Offaly and also with a production facility the UK and employing c. 120 people across both sites.
They provide vehicle conversions for the ambulance services, fire services, GARDA and military as well as customised vehicles for the commercial & industrial sectors. The client’s extensive customer base extends throughout Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales, The Isle of Wight and Jersey, with Exports to Cyprus, Trinidad & Tabago and Abu Dhabi.
This Engineering Manager role is a senior management appointment to the company and will be key in the future development of the company.
As the successful candidate, you should have a 3rd Level Qualification with a minimum of 3 years Engineering and Electrical Management experience preferably in high volume custom engineering solutions or another high volume regulated industry such as FMCG, Med Dev, Pharma etc..
As the successful candidate, you candidate will also have hands on experience developing and implementing Continuous Improvement Programmes in an engineering environment that will help drive the organization forward through its next phase of development.
To succeed in this new role, you will have excellent communication and project/programme management skills and be used to operating in a fast moving team environment where change needs to be proactively controlled and managed.
The Electrical Engineering department is responsible for the design, installation and testing of electronic and electrical systems (12v and 110V / 240v) on a wide variety of specialist vehicles and A&E Ambulances conversions. The successful candidate will be required to oversee the departments work in the design and sourcing of electrical control systems and components for the vehicle conversion process. It will be his or her responsibility to ensure that the development and installation of such Electrical and Electronic systems in our conversion process is done so by the Engineering team in accordance customers specifications and in compliance with the relevant standards (for example Vehicle type approval, CEN 1789 2020 etc ), and with an emphasis on safety, environmental, quality, reliability, sustainability and economy
The primary aspects of the position and Experience required for the role:
- As a minimum Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in an Electrical Engineer role.
- The Role involves leadership of a design and Manufacturing team consisting of electrical technicians, Lead Electrical personnel and Electrical operators.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong leadership capability.
- While Electrical Engineering experience in vehicle conversions is an advantage, it is not a prerequisite for applicants.
- It is important for candidates to demonstrate their capability to fulfil this role through their personal drive and ambition for the job.
Responsibilities in detail of the Electrical Engineering Function.
- Pre-Production design for the Electrical aspect of all vehicle conversions
- Reviewing the initial Tender Specification to formulate the Electrical Build specification for a project.
- Carry out the wiring loom design be it outsourced or built-in house.
- Sourcing electrical parts to act as solutions for a particular problem or need that the Customer might have.
- Create the installation processes for Battery Management, for Camera systems, for Internal and external lighting, for siren systems and for any other electrical system on the Conversion.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and upkeep of the Electrical Processes for our vehicle conversion production lines in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Assign and Train the Electrical leads and electrical operators to each task on their process sheet
- Refine the process times allotted to each task on the Production line.
- Develop electrical Functional Testing Protocol for the vehicles in build.
- Electrical Control Systems (ECU’s): Liaise with ECU suppliers (Carnation, ATSR, etc.) to obtain a robust Electrical Control System to enable that system to achieve the electrical functionality as agreed with the Customer.
- Carry out Control System mapping of the inputs and outputs and configuration design in conjunction with system suppliers (ATSR, Carnation etc.)
- Electrical Warranty Support involving problem solving and electrical trouble shooting.
- From time-to-time travel on-site to a customer to investigate/ fix a reported fault on a vehicle or group of vehicles.
- Design / implement training programs internally with Employees and externally with Customers/ sub-contractors
- Responsibility for generation of complete electrical drawings for conversions and also from time to time for tender submissions.
If you are interested in this newly created and exciting, challenging and rewarding new opportunity in Co. Offaly, then please apply or send your CV in total confidence to email@example.com and I will reply to you with initial feedback with 48 hours.