On behalf of our client, a global medical devices company, we are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician – Electrical. This Is an 18 Month contract initially, with potential to become permanent. The role reports to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for maintenance, in Compliance with GMP, of a range of systems, equipment, facilities and infrastructure as defined by Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
This role is intended to evolve into a permanent position.
Maintain Equipment and Systems Supporting Manufacture
· The items listed here may be allocated to different Technicians as deemed appropriate by Maintenance Manager.
· Engineering owner for equipment and systems assigned, responsible for effective maintenance of systems, equipment, facilities and infrastructure.
· Proactively monitor these system and equipment at a frequency that maximizes capacity to maintain the equipment and to detect malfunction prior to failure.
· Complete all maintenance tasks in compliance with SOPs
· Co-ordinate external contractors providing services to company with a focus on Process and production assets.
· Provide technical input and support to engineering and other projects
· To co-ordinate and manage the Safe Work Permit system on hazardous and high risk plant and machinery.
· Technical Support for qualification of new equipment and systems in co-operation with validation and calibration.
· All work to be carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety requirements in particular as it relates to planning, carrying out and managing tasks.
· Preparation and compliance with the requirements of Risk Assessments and other health and Safety requirements.
· Act and manage hazards as required by Health and Safety Management System.
- Relevant Trade certification – Electrical trade preferred but relevant experience in the manufacture of Med Device will be considered.
- Or proven period of experience that can demonstrate adequate competency in the relevant industry environment.
- Experience in the Medical Device field is a major advantage
- Exposure to CMMS an advantage.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Experience on Labelling machines, Product Filling Lines
- Must be creative with respect to their approach to problem solving and mind-set to achieve results
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical data, and technical procedures.
- Will pay attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Team player – ready, willing and able to take direction and receive constructive feedback
- Will have a willingness and ability to collaborate with and influence other groups in a positive, team‑based environment.
· Able to work Overtime in order to maintain the maintenance schedule and abnormal work activities as and when may be required.
- Self-motivation with strong work ethic and organizational skills and ability to prioritize, schedule and plan ahead.
- Able to travel abroad to inspect and test new equipment.
- Written and verbal English
For full details contact Linda at +353 1 2784701 or email your CV to email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL Group www.thornshaw.com