The role of the Enterprise Architecture is to plan all aspects of the enterprise architecture environment as well as steward architectural roadmaps.
This Lead Enterprise Architect enables the organisation to align its ICT investments to overall business priorities and guide the evolution of the current environment to support future capabilities and requirements. Through having visibility and understanding of the entire technology landscape, they plan the technology environment to ensure capacity and scalability as demand and usage evolve. The Enterprise Architecture ensures proposed change initiatives align with the future strategic position.
- Steward the strategic planning process of the Enterprise Architecture that supports the corporate mission, vision and strategies.
- Support the ICT Portfolio Management and Business Strategy Alignment processes.
- Participate in the creation and evolution of architectural roadmaps that depict current and future technical architectures.
- Defining and communicating enterprise architecture policies and standards for the organisation.
- Ensure that the various components comprising the enterprise architecture are consistent and coherent, at an appropriate level of detail and that changes are controlled so as to maintain consistency.
- Provide expert technical leadership for the development of strategic directions for architecture, standards, principles and best practices and guide related initiatives, projects and services.
- Facilitate effective team interaction within architecture discipline.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Position the organisation to meet existing and future technology demands and provide continuous improvement services to business units and ICT alike.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Lead analysis of the current ICT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Identify, assess and communicate risks related to the Enterprise Architecture.
- Promote the enterprise architecture process, outcomes and results to the organisation, including the ICT and business leaders.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.