Environmental and Planning Coordinator
My client an Energy Power Plant has a requirement for an experienced Environmental and Planning Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and resolution of all planning, environmental and licensing submissions during both the development and construction phase of projects and will manage a team of renewables planning and environmental officers.
This role may be based in either their Dublin or Belfast offices with regular travel between sites.
• Responsible for all planning, environmental, and licensing queries in the Renewables team.
• Coach and mentor your team, ensuring effective development plans are in place to support them in reaching their potential.
• Manage the preparation, submission and progress of planning applications or planning compliance submissions.
• Manage, and be responsible for escalations in response to dealing with noise complaints, TV interference claims and shadow flicker complaints.
• Effective management of consultants and service providers
• Ensure adequate resourcing across development projects to meet business deliverables.
• Manage the planning compliance obligations of windfarms within their first 12 months of operation, including bird breeding studies, environmental requirements reporting and noise monitoring.
• Manage stakeholder engagement with landowners and other third parties as appropriate.
• Report on all planning and environment issues as they arise and on a regular basis.
• Efficient and effective resolution of queries.
• Liaising with relevant planning authorities, statutory consultees and other relevant stakeholders as required.
• Input to industry level consultation responses and position papers as necessary
• Carrying out environmental audits and reporting on same.
• Input to due diligence of potential acquisition projects
• Degree or equivalent qualification in the area of Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning or similar
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in renewables projects or major infrastructural projects in Ireland
• Project Management qualification
• Experience of GIS software
• Understanding of relevant environmental and planning legislation in ROI & NI
• Demonstrable experience of managing and coaching a high performing team
• Full clean driving licence
Attractive role within a leading energy industry in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland to be a key member of the Renewables team and career enhancing.
Remuneration package will reflect the qualifications, experience, and fit of the candidate. The ideal candidate can expect a salary c €70,000 per annum plus bonus and other great benefits.
Interested candidates please apply with up to date CV or call Sandra Brennan on +353 86 6078980.