My client is looking for an Environmental Contract Supervisor. The work involves managing a team of operators, craftsmen and operational scientists on the various wastewater treatment plants in the Cork area. The role requires a good understanding of the wastewater treatment process and the contractual and compliance requirements of Irish Water DBO and local private contracts.
• Excellent time management and flexibility. Both clients and operational staff will be in regular contact with the Area Supervisor – so the role requires someone who can manage time effectively for themselves and prioritise hours for their staff.
• Successful candidate must be self-motivated, a self-starter who manages their time for the benefit of the particular activity they are involved in. Flexibility in start and finish times is vital to ensure completion of activities.
• Maintain Health and Safety on Waste Water Treatment Plants.
• Management of the routine operational, maintenance and process activities as required at the treatment plants and the associated pumping stations as directed by Senior Management.
• Ensuring contractual requirements are managed to produce positive outcomes for the client.
• Responsible for managing the routine process monitoring of the treatment processes to ensure compliance and cost effectiveness of the various O&M contracts in place.
• The ideal candidate will a have proven track record of managing operational staff.
• A good command of the English language is required, and the ability to communicate well both face to face and on the phone at all levels within the company and with clients and statutory bodies is essential.
• The operational contracts require regular call out and stand by and weekend plant checks.
The Area Supervisor will be available to guide and direct the on-call team to ensure contractual compliance and cost effective solutions are implemented in an out-of hours environment.
• The role involves general duties both inside and outside in all weathers. The job will involve assisting the operational team members to “get the job done”.
• The role will also include arranging for operatives and technicians to cover holidays, sickness and training.
Skills / Attributes;
• Good use of reading English and excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
• Computer literacy and ability to use spreadsheets and other basic computer programmes necessary.
• ·Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively on your own or in a team environment.
• ·Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
• The role requires someone of degree standard. An engineering and/or science degree is desirable. The person will live in the locality, have a Safepass and be able to ensure timely access to the sites within the responsibility of the role – so a full clean driving licence is obligatory.