We are currently sourcing an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Manager on behalf of our Manufacturing Client based in Co Tipperary. This is a very exciting role as it includes all H&S & Environmental requirements for the Manufacturing Plant & also a Water Treatment plant. This role sits on the Site Leadership Team and has 6 Direct reports.
The role will be accountable for EHS on site and responsible for the development and continuous evolution of the site EHS strategy. Through excellent influencing and leadership skills, the role will provide direction to the site to ensure compliance with and continuous improvement of the EHS culture.
- Develop, communicate and implement the site’s Health, Safety and Environment strategy and policies, arrangements and processes that will deliver the required cultural and procedural performance objectives;
- Responsible for the implementation and communication in a practical (best practice) manner of all above policies and procedures and for ensuring that these are reviewed on a regular basis with an employee population who are fully aware and up-to-date with any changes made;
- Responsible for identifying and interpreting all Health, Safety or Environmental legislation and ensuring the site is compliant;
- Advise senior management team to ensure they understand the EHS strategy and that they ensure delivery of this within their own area of operation, supporting them with training and advice as required;
- Proactively promote a consistent message to all staff within the business to support delivery of the EHS strategy and objectives;
- Liaise with the departmental managers and the HR function to ensure delivery of essential technical EHS skills and behaviours across the organisation;
- Take quick and effective action with departments who fail to meet the required standards, seeing every issue or action through to the end;
- Ensure that fire safety is co-ordinated and managed throughout the site;
- Ensure an in-house EHS Audit programme, communicating results as appropriate and managing any required follow up;
- Health, Safety & Environmental management at senior management level
- Chartered IOSH member and NEBOSH qualified (Minimum of Diploma Level)
- Comprehensive understanding of current legislation relevant to an food operating environment
- Evidence of managing and influencing 'soft issues' (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a unionised environment
- Excellent leadership and Influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Good data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability;
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change;
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business;
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and 'trouble shooting' as required;
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation.
If you have the above skills & experience please contact email@example.com or Tele; 087 2419644