Job description – Environmental Health & Safety Officer
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Officer.
Reporting to the QA/RA Director, you will be responsible for using the site specific EHS Management system, ensure that the company is in full and ongoing compliance with European and international environmental regulations applicable to its products and sites.
Ensuring compliance with relevant Health & Safety legislation. Developing, implementing, and improving the Health & Safety plans, programmes, and procedures on site.
- Manage the Site Environmental Health and safety System.
- Ensure SDS are reviewed periodically for completeness, correctness & compliance.
- Biocide’s status check for historic manufacturing materials.
- Complete the raw materials SDS assessments – Classifications/ Labelling per ECHA.
- Carry out Risk assessments in conjunction with specific process and chemical area owners.
- REACH and SDS and other environmental SOPs ownership and maintenance.
- Report Loss Time incidents to the H.S.A.
- Foster and advocate Safety First ethos on site.
- Responsible for H&S training – First Aid
- Lead the site SERT members
- Assume responsibility of all Site waste streams.
- Responding to developments under REACH, CLP, Biocides, RoHS on site and sister site.
- Monitor for these developments.
- Align with RA and Purchasing (EHS) to achieve & maintain compliance.
- Be the site point of contact for EHS in communicating information necessary to achieve & maintain compliance.
- A degree in a Health and Safety.
· 3 years + industrial experience, ideally in the diagnostic/medical device/pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated competence in environmental regulations involving chemicals
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 would be advantageous
- Team player – ready, willing, and able to take direction and receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivation with strong work ethic and organizational skills and ability to prioritize, schedule and plan ahead
- Ability and willingness to engage with other site and systems and personnel
Fluent English both written and oral.
For full details and job spec email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tina at +353 1 2784701.
Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL Group www.thornshaw.com