Equipment Maintenance Engineer
Job Summary – Responsible for equipment and plant reliability to meet business needs. Embed TPM total preventative maintenance in the site, leveraging internal functions and external vendors. Develop maintenance team effectiveness through training and knowledge sharing. Manage and optimize the maintenance spend of the site.
General Functions –
- Responsible for equipment availability, driving the continuous improvement of equipment availability in a systematic and cost effective manner.
- Build and develop relationships with equipment suppliers with a view of optimizing equipment effectiveness.
- Provide technical guidance and development plans to the maintenance team building overall team knowledge and effectiveness.
- Manage the maintenance budget for all production equipment driving year on year cost improvements and optimizing spend.
- Work with the Production and Engineering functions to drive year on year OEE improvements.
- Lead the roll out of a Total Productive Maintenance program on site, developing the program through collaboration with vendors, production and engineering.
- Responsible for YOY improvements in Mean Time to Failure (MTF) and Mean Time to Repair (MTR) through a systematic and data driven approach.
- Reviews and tracks preventive maintenance and work order records to ensure regulatory compliance.
- A strong knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance.
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems through analysis of data and use of problem-solving tools
- Leadership and influencing skills.
- Capable of conveying possible solutions to supervisor and be able to handle and keep track of several projects at a time.
- Must be able to coordinate technical projects.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to drive to deliver results.
- Requires a good working knowledge of operating machine tools, electrical measuring instruments, and CNC machine tools including spindle bearing, ball screws.
An honours' Degree in Engineering (Level 8) and 5+ years’ experience.
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving
- Strong knowledge of Total Production Management
- Data analysis skills.
Any applicant must have an existing work visa (Stamp 4) or an EU passport to apply.