The Executive, Corporate Communications, Press and Public Relations function is a key role within the integrated Corporate Marketing and Communications team. The person appointed to the role will work with the Head of Corporate Marketing and Communications, the Press and Public Relations Manager and the wider Communications, PR & Media management and marketing team to develop and support Enterprise Ireland’s national, regional and international communications, public relations and media strategy and operational plans, activities and initiatives to support exporters.
Proactively develop and implement a robust pipeline of corporate communications, press and public relations initiatives and campaigns for Enterprise Ireland’s client company job announcements, events, client supports and divisional activities ensuring enhanced visibility and engagement for the corporate brand with key internal and external stakeholders and media.
- Manage effective liaison, stakeholder engagement, networking and relationship-building across an array of stakeholders and at senior levels including relevant Government Departments, client companies, media, senior EI management, sister agencies, PR companies and other service providers and key stakeholders on public relations and media-related matters providing professional public relations and media expertise, advice and support.
- Develop key contacts across media and stakeholders and working with the corporate comms team, proactively manage all stakeholder and media queries, ensuring all queries and requests are dealt with speedily and appropriately.
- Plan, organise and implement press announcements, briefings and other initiatives for EI/client company events and publications including managing media / client / EI programme, supports or funding call-related events, photo-calls, press conferences/briefings etc.
- Research, prepare and produce a range of professional public relations and media content including press releases, Ministerial and senior management briefing and speech material, media statements, commentary, editorial pieces and social media content for publication in line with Enterprise Ireland’s corporate communications strategies, plans and policies.
- Manage social media activity and channels and drive social media engagement by developing compelling content plans for distribution including video/MOJO from events, conferences and forums.
- Provide Press, PR, social media and event expertise, advice and support to internal divisions to drive delivery of their marketing and communications requirements.
- Take a creative and proactive approach to developing thought-leadership profiling content on behalf of Enterprise Ireland experts across all sectors/industries.
- Deliver engaging media packages that profile EI clients and EI supports for keynote media programmes.
- Support the delivery of Press & PR campaigns around international trade missions and events, client announcements internationally, inward journalist itineraries and in-market campaigns at sectoral levels to support EI overseas offices export activity
- Work closely with the Marketing team to support the enhancement of EI’s digital content, channels and tools, including the implementation and administration of EI’s online client and buyer-focused newsletters and social media accounts to key audiences to support inbound-marketing strategies
- Substantial experience of working in a public relations agency at account manager or equivalent level and/or in an in-house communications/PR/public affairs executive role, coupled with proven experience of developing and implementing a diverse range of client-focused communications, press and public relations campaigns is essential.
- Robust demonstrable experience of running and managing media, and key stakeholder events and initiatives for or on behalf of companies and the tactics involved, including the development of strategic stakeholder messaging, media engagement strategies and the management and implementation of press conferences and/or announcements using both traditional, digital & social media channels is essential.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills including demonstrated experience in researching, writing, editing, proof-reading and developing content for a diverse range of public relations and media channels and platforms is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting press releases, feature articles, opinion editorials, briefing and speech material and social media content is essential.
- Proven experience of dealing with multiple demands and competing priorities at the same time and meeting tight deadlines is essential.
- Demonstrated skills in building networks and relationships across all levels and engaging with a range of stakeholders in a business environment is essential.
- A third level or post-graduate qualification in a Communications/PR/Journalism or relevant business discipline is desirable.
- Solid skills and experience of absorbing and digesting important business information quickly, of understanding complex concepts and relationships, of thinking strategically and recognising the broad implications of issues and responding effectively to news and events.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions and use sound judgement.
- Strong creative flair for spotting and developing content for newsworthy stories and angles.
- A good knowledge and understanding of EI’s strategic business objectives, services and offerings.
- Strong IT proficiency across the MS Office suite.
- Strong proficiency and confidence in engaging with and managing social media platforms for business communications purposes.
Additional key requirements for this role:
- Willingness and flexibility to support the communications team to deliver an on-call media response service outside of Enterprise Ireland’s main business hours is expected for this role.
- Attendance at media and public relations events outside of office hours from time to time, coupled with undertaking regional and international travel, where required.
€43,907 to €63,295 per annum contributory superannuation
Rising to €64,816 by long service increments.
€41,801 to €60,223 per annum non-contributory superannuation
Rising to €61,668 by long service increments.
Candidates should note that entry will be at the minimum of the relevant scale and the rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy. Subject to satisfactory performance, annual increments may be payable in line with current Government Policy.
Application and Selection Process:
The selection process may include short-listing of candidates. The selection criteria will be based on the requirements of the position. It is therefore important that you provide a detailed and accurate account of where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position. This should be contained in a short document (maximum 2 pages) accompanying your CV.
Applicants should note that, for shortlisting purposes in particular, clear evidence of the functional competency requirements listed as essential in this specification must be demonstrated as part of your supporting document accompanying your CV.
To apply for the position and to receive a full job spec send a detailed CV and supporting document quoting reference number EI.068.20E to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before Monday 30th November 2020.
Queries in relation to the role or the application process should be directed to email@example.com on 01-6146063
Enterprise Ireland is an equal opportunities employer