My client is sourcing for an External Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Specialist to join their team in Belfast. The successful candidate will support in the development, delivery and day-to-day management of the organisation’s External Communications function. This is a fast moving and challenging role representing a key infrastructure provider to communities, media, elected representatives, council officials and other key stakeholders.
Supporting the Head of External Communications responsibilities will include,
- Close working with relevant teams in the development and execution of community consultation plans for our projects.
- This will include multi-agency management, budget management, community liaison, pre-application community consultation reporting and community event management. This organisation has an extensive consultation toolkit which also includes utilising digital consultation platforms.
- Responsibility for managing the reputation of individual projects in the digital and print media arenas and will be required to deliver social media campaigns, launches, web content, accessible communications, thought leadership and profile pieces; working with a range of publications, speech writing and presentation creation.
- Responsible for relationships with media in project areas.
- In addition, the candidate will play a key role in measuring, enhancing and improving our engagement approach for developers, communities, councils and other stakeholders. Innovative, cost-effective and best practice community consultation is a must.
- Support corporate communications activity and events including digital communications content, website management and major publications.
- You will have a third level qualification in a related discipline (journalism, public relations, public affairs) with three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Well-developed Northern Ireland public affairs and media networks are essential.
- Digital communications experience is a requirement.
- The candidate must also demonstrate working knowledge of Northern Ireland’s government at both Stormont and Local Government level.
- Understanding of Northern Ireland’s strategic and regional planning systems would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in planning engagement and within a regulated business would be beneficial.
- You will be a resilient and flexible self-starter with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
For further details please apply directly below.