Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are recruiting for an exciting role - External Supply Quality Manager
External Supply Quality Manager
Remote - Europe
The Global External Quality Operations Mission is “to be a proactive partner, driving a science and risk-based compliant quality culture that is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented, maximizing the contribution of Quality Operations to Our Path Forward initiatives.”
External Supply Quality (ESQ) is committed to supporting Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) as an innovative and competitive advantage for Pfizer by assuring the quality of products manufactured and packaged by other companies (Contractors) for Pfizer.
ESQ is responsible for the Quality management of approximately 300 contract manufacturers, packagers, and supply partners globally.
The ESQ Manager is accountable for providing quality assurance management of key contractors for Pfizer and for assuring that the products supplied to our patients are manufactured & tested in accordance with c-GMPs, the registration file and any additional country specific requirements.
This is highly independent position operating with minimal supervision, interacting with high levels of management both at contract manufacturers and within Pfizer. (S)he will operate as spokesperson for ESQ and will focus on developing relationships, independently negotiating, developing and communicating Pfizer quality requirements with contract manufacturers. The ESQ Manager will have significant interactions with many internal business and manufacturing organizations (e.g. External Supply, Regulatory, Technical Support, Quality, PGS sites and R&D) and will lead virtually-based cross functional teams. S(he) will report to the Team Leader ESQ.
· Minimally BA/BS Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline with at least 7 years in a GXP setting
· At least 4 years of Product Quality Assurance experience in a GMP environment. Aseptic manufacturing experience would be an asset.
· Experience with IV Bag manufacturing and validation is a distinct advantage.
· Experience with external suppliers/contractors is preferred
· Advanced computer skills, MS Office and enterprise systems such as SAP, QTS, Documentum platforms
· Command of English language required.
· Strong verbal and written communication including presentation skills
· Up to 20% travel required
· Shows strong negotiation skills and is diplomatic in communication with internal and external customers
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, to act and work independently and to report items as required to Team leader
· Has excellent organization skills
· Demonstrated experience managing complex quality and compliance activities in a manufacturing plant or with a contractor
· Developing personal leadership to manage cross functional projects
· Developing ability to resolve conflicts
· Takes initiatives and is proactive, persistent
· Has a broad GMP and technical know-how to handle emerging issues