Reporting To Facilities Manager
Job Purpose To provide Reception and Facility services on a client site. As a Receptionist you’re the face of the client site and you also represent the company. A Receptionist needs to be welcoming, organized and calm to help employees and visitors feel welcomed and at ease while on site. Site specific policies and responsibilities will be outlined separately.
Consider the accountabilities of the job in terms of outputs to the external/internal customer, team leadership and financial and process responsibilities.
1. To assist in the management of the Facilities function
· Implementing permit to work system for contractors.
· Reviewing the Cleaning Diary; log all cleaning calls in the diary kept at reception.
· Handling all incoming and outgoing deliveries e.g., couriers
· General Administration and taking on ad hoc projects and tasks as and when required depending on the needs of the business.
· Upsell facilities by making the Facilities Manager aware of any gaps in service.
· Report any maintenance issues which you notice onsite to the Facilities Manager.
· Assist in emergencies such as light leaks, spills etc.
· Identify and report hazards and incidents.
· Assist in health and Safety including bell tests, floor walks and first aid boxes are stocked.
· Coordinates/leads the completion of facilities requests from employees.
· Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are up to date for training and ensure anyone covering your duties receives a proper handover.
· Scheduling PPM works and ensure these are completed in a timely manner.
· Keeping accurate records are works carried out and reporting these to you line manager
2. To deliver agreed levels of Customer Service
· Welcoming clients and visitors to the office in a professional and courteous manner to generate a professional and welcoming atmosphere.
· Issuing Access badges for visitors and contractors
· Effective management of administration processes (POs goods/services received)
· Working as part of a team in delivering a high standard.
· Respond to soft service calls logged, investigate the nature of the issue, and seek a speedy resolution.
3. To ensure a high standard of Cleaning onsite
· Ensure reception is always kept tidy, ensuring to check this area frequently.
· Remove wastepaper from all areas and ensure proper storage and segregation and collection by contractors.
· Liaising with cleaning team on specific requests and ensuring cleaning schedule adhered to.
· Frequent checks of key areas like toilets and café area, tidying and replenishing stock when necessary
4. To provide Janitor Duties
· Ordering and restock of cleaning, catering, and stationary supplies.
· Replenish paper in printers
5. To set up Meeting rooms and assist in Catering requests
· Set up and support Meeting rooms in line with client requests.
· Additional stock control (water cups, milk, coffee machine products, vending items).
6. To complete Post Room Duties
· Ensure that all incoming post is sorted promptly and accurately.
· Ensure all documents are securely locked away.
7. Flexibility and responsiveness
· Other requests as may be required from time to time.
· Flexibility working weekends and after hours when requested.
· Keeping up to date records of all services and purchases and reporting these to line manager
· Keeping record of any cleaning issues onsite and reporting these to line manager
· Near miss reporting
· Incident reporting
· Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize workloads and work effectively to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· A high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Customer service experience with excellent time management.
· Excellent phone manner, communication, and interpersonal skills
· IT Literate – must have excellent MS Office skills
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic
· An extremely professional manner and well always presented.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient