The Farm Manager (FM) will be responsible for a mushroom production facility with a workforce of c180 people and a production of 153MT weekly.
The FM will be required to take full responsibility for:
- The overall day to day running of the farm operations and site profitability;
- Lead and direct the work of all employees on site;
- Oversee all aspects of company policy, production methodology and site initiatives;
- Continuously improve the process / standards of the site and implement changes as required.
- Overall responsibility for managing farms resources, ie: People, Houses (18 growing tunnels) Equipment (physical security and maintenance).
- Must engender team work within farm and across site and drive performance in all areas but with specific focus on: Yield, Pick rate, Product mix and quality, Costs.
- Responsible for agreeing production with the supply side of the business and following and driving the daily performance of the farm to ensure that production targets and quality parameters are met.
- Working with the Operations Manager, the farm manager is responsible for managing the performance of people (including discipline)
- Identify recruitment needs-maintain sufficient staff levels in all departments on site
- Identify training needs and implementing- ensure that all staff receive sufficient training to enable them to carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible
- Inputting into the budgetary process
- Health and safety responsibility.
- Must be able to cover for growing and harvesting managers and so must have basic knowledge of mushroom growing and harvesting.
- Sign off all hours on a weekly basis for the wage department.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork relating to the Management role.
- Effective communication with QA Department, Trading Desk, Senior Grower & Supervisors.
- Responsible for the weekly profitability of the farm.
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven track record in either growing or people management, ideally will have element of both, or demonstrate ability to develop both
- Fresh produce / food production / agricultural / horticultural background.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to address immediate problems, create instant, relevant decisions to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to understand budgets, management accounts and product costings
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Driving licence
- Valid Passport (no travel restrictions)
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Tel: +353 1 2784671