Company Background: Our Client is an Irish company that have devoted the past 30 years to delivering innovative custom automation, build to print and tooling solutions for the world’s most advanced manufacturers. They specialise in designing and building bespoke, reliable, complete solutions which automate highly complex production processes
The Role: The role of the Field Service Lead is to lead & manage a team of Field Service Technicians and Engineers. This individual will lead, manage, and develop the Field Service capability for the Company.
The role requires an ability to deliver strong technical leadership balanced with strong customer and people management.
This is a customer facing role, working with customers in regulated industries with the responsibility for meeting customer equipment service needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customers.
· Department Operations Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Service team
· Meet agreed customer SLAs Responsibility for ensuring that the team deliver best in class customer response, problem solving and issue resolution Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team and other resources.
· Create and manage team workplans so the team are clear on priorities, this will include ad-hoc Service call management and planned equipment maintenance work Ensure team capacity and capability is in place to deliver on business needs.
· Develop the service offerings for the team aligned with commercial goals ensuring good balance of ad-hoc service and planned maintenance service.
· Develop and maintain systems to escalate technical field issues efficiently and effectively to inhouse SME team.
· Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team Visit clients on site to service their equipment, install new machines and advise on other solutions available to production.
· People Management Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
· Embed clear structure and regular communications within team Ability to coach teams through 1:1’s & feedback on performance.
· Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent.
Qualifications & Experience:
· 8+ years in similar role or related role
· L8 Degree in Engineering discipline Experience in Customer service or technical support and supervision role
· People Management Experience an advantage & Department Management Experience an advantage
Key Skills & Attributes:
· Excellent organisational skills & Customer focused
· Ability to lead and manage a team Self-motivated
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
· Ability to make responsible & effective decisions Systems thinker
· Excellent planning, prioritisation and task management skills
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catriona.email@example.com or
Tele: 087 2419644.