Our client is an investment firm based in Cork that provides solutions for distribution to a large network of Financial Advisors, Institutions and Private Clients. Our client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their ever-growing team. This would suit a candidate with experience working within a broad Finance role that is working towards their exams.
The Finance Assistant will report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Journal postings;
· Processing of payments;
· Monitoring and assisting with financial controls;
· Bank reconciliations;
· Maintenance of fixed asset register;
· Maintenance of AP listing;
· Assist with monthly payroll process;
· Assist in month end close to meet strict deadlines;
· Ad-hoc reports/projects
Past Experience and Skills
· Accounting qualification & working towards exams or part qualified.
· Experienced in book keeping essential;
· Proficient user of Sage (Sage 50 Accounts) an advantage;
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office, particularly excel;
· Attention to detail
· Ideally experience working in a small corporate team
· Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven, multi-task environment
· Ability to embrace change and comfortable working in a high growth, fast paced environment