CPL are currently recruiting a Finance Assistant as part of a nation-wide public body contract.
Hours Mon-Fri 36hrs per week
Salary £19.38 per/hr
Location - Portadown Library
This a temporary role until 30th June 2023
The post holder will be required:
1. to operate the computerised financial accounting system to process supplier and other payments accurately and within deadline in accordance with supplier credit terms, and any current government guidance in this area
2. to ensure that only invoices which have been fully authorised for payment are paid, in line with procedures
3. to liaise with employees, managers etc., where necessary to ensure that any invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner
4. to process payments by electronic means, cheque or other as necessary
5. to perform such manual interventions as are necessary to ensure all suppliers and other claims are paid accurately and on time
6. to perform any necessary reconciliations to ensure the overall accuracy of the finance system and records
7. to analyse data using spread sheets and complete word processed documents
8. to administer petty cash balances held in branches, ensuring that re-imbursement claims are in line with procedure
9. to perform spot checks on cash, stamps etc. held in branches to ensure that records are being maintained as per procedure
10. to reconcile the bank accounts in the General Ledger, utilising the auto bank reconciliation facility where possible, or manually
11. to code invoices for General Ledger
12. to raise accurate and timely sales invoices, as required
13. to maintain records of income received from a range of sources, and code as appropriate to relevant ledgers
14. to assist in the collection of debt owed to Libraries NI, in accordance with procedures
15. to contribute to the testing and development and operation of systems for the efficient storage of cash, financial stationary, financial records and stocks held within the section in a secure manner
16. to contribute towards the development of procedures for financial management and control, and to operate these procedures as designed
17. to assist with the preparation of statutory or regulatory returns such as VAT returns
18. to demonstrate the highest degree of personal integrity and discretion in relation to the finance records, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained and that Libraries NI’s obligations under data protection and information security are met.
General Duties and Responsibilities
1. to deal with queries raised by customers, external parties and staff in a professional and courteous manner and to take corrective action as required
2. to be able to work in a busy and demanding environment to achieve all relevant deadlines
3. to assist in investigations in relation to receipts and payments, and resolve as appropriate
4. to attend and support meetings, as required
5. other duties as required.
Under the direction of the appropriate Line Manager:
1. attend and participate in training and staff development programmes in compliance with Libraries NI’s Staff Development Policy, including Staff Appraisal
2. co-operate as required in the introduction, development and operation of any Information and Communications Technology relevant to the grade
3. keep abreast of initiatives and developments within the Library Service
4. contribute to the delivery of training on routine aspects of Administration work.
This job description is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor prescriptive. Libraries NI reserves the right, in consultation with the post holder, to amend the job description to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
1. hold five GCSE’s / GCE 'O' levels at grades A*-C or equivalent, including English
and Maths OR equivalent / higher relevant qualification
2. a minimum of one years’ relevant finance experience to include experience in the operation of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel spread sheets, and computerised financial accounting systems
3. good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
4. experience of working in a team environment
5. the ability to successfully prioritise and manage a range of tasks and work to deadlines
1. a minimum of three years’ experience within the last five years working in a Finance environment, including the operation of computerised financial accounting systems
The above essential criteria will be used for shortlisting purposes. If deemed necessary essential criteria may be enhanced and/or desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting.
NB: Shortlisted candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following essential requirements throughout the selection process.
Knowledge and Skills
• The importance of adhering to relevant policies and procedures
Personal Qualities and Attributes
• A high level of personal integrity, appropriate to the role
• Positive approach to customer service (internal and external customers)
• Approachable and confident
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to exercise discretion when working with confidential materials
• Ability to communicate with staff and suppliers at all levels using various means of communication
Cpl is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We recognise that a diverse and inclusive workplace will better our relationships and services with our clients, our candidates, our communities, and one another. As partner to Libraries NI, Cpl support the LNI mission to “connect people with information, ideas and experience to foster lifelong learning, inspire curiosity, provide enjoyment and strengthen communities”
Be You, Be Kind, Be Proud
If successful you will be required to complete a criminal record check through Access NI, having a criminal conviction will not necessarily exclude you from this process. Cpl have a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, for a copy of this policy please email [email protected].