My client, a Galway City based financial institution, seeks to hire a new Finance Manager on a permanent basis. This role will suit a fully qualified accountant, with 3+ years industry experience in general accounting, with 1+ year of people management experience. this role will report to the Financial Controller. You will have four direct reports. This role will be office based initially with a degree of remote working flexibility in time.
- Manage and support x4 staff finance administrators.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations with follow up actions for team where outstanding issues remain.
- Hold monthly review meeting with the financial controller and company accountant.
- Project manage and acquire knowledge of the business intelligence reporting system to produce monthly reports for management.
- Person will need to work closely with head office BI support function and receive training accordingly.
- Project manage and assist in the annual budget and submission to ensure all deadlines to the group are met on a timely & accurate manner.
- Attend monthly finance meeting with financial controller and company accountant to review accuracy of month end closing and action any issues accordingly.
- Prepare all regular central bank financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of tax and stamp duty returns for tax authorities.
- Prepare insurance solvency reports for head office.
- Reconcile and post all corporation tax in sap for all entities.
- Support the company accountant in monthly closing process within tight deadlines.
- Responsible for internal reporting from head office along with the timely collection & payment of outstanding claims.
- Project management of any new systems implementation within the finance department.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of all head office ad hoc reporting.
- Involvement in special project work as delegated by the financial controller.
- This is not an exhaustive list and we expect the person to demonstrate their individuality and innovativeness & use any particular skills as the need arise.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA – Essential
- Minimum 3 years multinational/corporate industry experience – Essential
- Minimum 1-year of people management experience – Essential
- SAP or other large-scale ERP system - Essential
- Project Management experience is highly desirable.
- Experience leading change management and/or systems implementation – Desirable
For more information, please send your cv to email@example.com