Working as part of a team the Finance Officer is responsible for implementing effective financial administration systems, review and analysis of financial returns, carrying out administrative and financial checks on grant expenditure, the production of financial information and the provision of general administrative support within the team.
Duties will include:
- Review financial reports submitted by beneficiary groups for accuracy and completeness.
- Carry out administrative and financial checks on grant expenditure to ensure all information submitted is compliant with programme requirements.
- Ensure financial/non-financial data is correct and consistent (e.g. budgets) and support beneficiary groups in meeting financial monitoring requirements.
- Monitor data submitted and notify errors or omissions to appropriate team members and/or other relevant parties
- Have a third level finance qualification ( ideally)
- 2/3 years work experience of financial accounts/ financial administration / knowledge of payroll.
- Experience in efficiently managing a busy workload.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.