My client have an urgent requirement for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Support the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that underlying processes review and control have been completed in accordance with best practice
- Ensure that the accounts produced meet all regulatory, compliance and audit responsibilities
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely & accurate financial and management information
- Responsible for delivering timely and insightful month end analysis of revenue & costs to business customers including store general managers, buying teams and budget holders
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations to audit standards
- Assist on all internal/external reporting requirements including monthly management meetings, Group finance templates and adhoc as required.
- Assist in the production of the annual Statutory Financial Statements for all companies within the group and assist in managing the year end consolidation process.
- Work with legal team and external advisors to ensure all CRO filing requirements are met.
- Helping manage year end processes including preparation for Audit and acting as a key contact for the External Audit team.
- Maintain a working relationship with Irish revenue authorities to support VAT & Corporation tax compliance.
- Liaison with external parties/advisors including Internal & External Auditors, banks, tax authorities and tax advisors.
- Work with external tax advisors in the preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Contribution to the tri-annual re-forecasting and annual budgeting cycles, producing detailed, accurate plans for expense lines as required.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA) with experience of working in a treasury/ finance position within a similar environment
- Good communication and networking skills across all levels in a matrix environment
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands on approach
- Proven ability to develop and improve working procedures and processes
- Highly organised and efficient with ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met
- Flexible, open to change, comfortable managing a constantly changing environment
- Pro-active and anticipates issues
- Experience within a retail environment an advantage
- Good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Knowledge of Coda, Cognos and/or Hyperion/Essbase packages and Oracle accounting packages
For more information please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org