I am delighted to partner with a leader in their field located in Waterford. I am looking for a Financial Controller to join their senior management team. This is a standalone position so while being a key member of the management team and participating in the company strategy it also requires a very technically strong candidate who can manage and carry out both upper level and day to day accounting/finance functions.
I am looking for a someone interested in being part of an innovative small management team, someone who will contribute to continuous improvement, who is inquisitive, curious and can think outside the box.
The right candidate will be confident and comfortable presenting to the board. They will also be open to taking the lead on HR & IT and supporting other areas of the business.
If you are an experienced FC who likes a broader remit this is an excellent opportunity.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all management and development activities of the Finance function, supporting the delivery of Annual, Medium and long-Term EBITDA Targets, defined in both the Budget and the 3/5 Year plans ongoing.
- Local Finance transacting – Sage 50 Software, ownership of the purchase and debtor’s ledger including processing of supplier invoice, reconciliation of creditor statement reconciliations, processing weekly customer invoices, distributing statements and invoices including a focus on cashflow.
- Annual Budgeting and Forecasting, strategic planning as required by Local and Group Management
- Management Accounts/other reporting – produce monthly management accounts with analysis of variance to monthly forecasts, Key Performance Management weekly and profit statements weekly and profit analysis by key customer.
- Internal Process Control Audit and External Statutory Audit
- Working Capital and Capital Expenditure Evaluation and Control
- Management Responsibility for compliance with Insurances Cover, and management responsibility for business overheads with the operations team.
- VAT Management – Completing Bimonthly VAT Returns in ROS.
- Involvement in IT process/system development
- Advise and assist on upgrade of our IT software tools (i.e., accounts software, weighbridge software, etc.)
- Investigate potential useful tools for small/medium business-like CRM and Task Management software tools which would help make working remotely easier and more efficient. We do not require an expertise in IT software tools but an openness to and interest in the area and in utilising software tools to improve workflow and business performance would be an advantage.
- Human Resource Administration
- Payroll – Thesaurus Payroll Software (monthly and fortnightly)
- New employee set up including, contracts and payroll setup
- Health and Safety Reporting
- Maintenance of employee handbook and employee records.
- Ensuring occupational health up to date for all employees.
The opportunity offers a flexible approach with on site and remote work blend. While the role is a FT permanent opportunity the company is open to candidates seeking a shorter week and salary and benefits will be pro rata accordingly. Excellent package.