Financial Effectiveness Manager Advisory- Cork
Job Description & Summary
Join our clients growing advisory team here in Cork. As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
· Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- 5+ years of Advisory Client Facing Consulting experience having served in a CFO or Finance and Accounting Consulting role.
- Ideally a Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Information Technology
- Demonstrate knowledge of the TMT industry including common issues facing clients.
- Ability to work with ambiguity while addressing the clients' needs and delivering top-level results.
- Showcase strong communications skills and the ability to simplify complex information and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to create a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a global team and all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technologies that support collaboration, automation and data-driven story-telling including: Microsoft Products (Teams, PowerBI, MS Office), Google Workspace, and business intelligence tools
- Proficiency and/or willingness to learn digital technologies and the impact on Finance and Accounting including analytical tools. E.g. Alteryx, PowerBi, Tableau, Snaplogic and RPA technologies (UiPath, Automation Anywhere, PowerAutomate, etc), and machine learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Proven and thorough knowledge of operational metrics to support strategic plans, dashboard design and benchmarking/standard industry practices.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding around organizational design and operational metrics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and success in advising global organizations through transformations from strategy through execution.
- Experience with the following:
- Core Finance system implementation and optimization (e.g. ERP, EPM, etc)
- Finance strategy and transformation
- Shared service and outsourcing
- Cost management
Success with analysing detailed finance and accounting processes to identify improvement opportunities in the following areas:
- Process improvement (Record to Report, Order to Cash, Source to Pay, etc)
- Internal and external reporting
- People and organization structures
- Performance management, budgeting and forecasting
- Maintenance and building of cost-effective controls.